Friday, August 12, 2011

An Interview, An Author, and a Magic 8 Ball: Danyelle Leafty

This is the first in what I hope will become a long series of interviews with some of my favorite YA authors.



First up: The Amazing Danyelle Leafty

I met Danyelle through Facebook a few years ago when we both had big dreams of publishing our fantasy novels. I'm thrilled that this year we've both achieved our goals. Keep reading to find out more about Danyelle and her book, The Fairy Godmother Dilemma: Catspell.




MJ: Tell me a bit about your novel, The Fairy Godmother Dilemma: Catspell, in your own words - not the official synopsis. 

DL: Breena is a mortal changeling who just wants to be loved. Nerissa is a fairy godmother who'd just like to take a vacation and maybe recover from a nasty cold she's caught from her last job. 

But when Nerissa ends up as Breena's fairy godmother, she gets a little more than she bargained for. Breena doesn't want a fairy godmother, and she's also a cat--which just goes to prove that you shouldn't drink potions unless you know exactly what's in them. The harder Nerissa tries to bring about Breena's Happily Every After, the further away the happy ending seems to be--especially once a band of magical cats gets involved. Undeterred, Nerissa is determined to do her job, even if it means breaking a few of the rules. But if there's one thing Nerissa is learning from all this, it's to never make a bargain with a cat.  

MJ: Did you pants or plot while writing your first draft? 

DL: I pansted it, because I couldn't outline a novel if my life depended on it. O:) 

MJ: What’s your next release going to be? 

DL: I'm really excited for November of this year, because that's when I'll be releasing the finished version of TFGD (right now, it's available as a serial novel--two chapters are released a week), as well as some of the other books in the series. The whole series will be available sometime in December.

Next I gave her eight fun random questions and asked her to answer three: 

MJ: What is your favorite color? 

DL: My favorite color is indigo, closely followed by a deep purple. Even the name is pretty. :D 

MJ: What do you wear when you write?  

DL: My children can attest to the fact that I'm usually wearing my pajamas when I'm writing. (Probably because I generally forget to change out of them. :S) 

MJ: When you were a teen were you a cheerleader, a sporty girl, the smart one, the band geek, or something else?

DL: I was the teen that a lot of the class hated during test times, because I always messed up the curve. O:) I blame that on my love for reading textbooks. 

Finally, I asked her to ask ME a question and I will provide her with an answer from my daughter's Magic 8 Ball!!!!! 

DL: It's the year 2057 and a vicious paranormal plague has broken out. Every day, there are more and more cases of people turning into vampires, werewolves, zombies, and, yes, fairies. My question: will your survive? And if you do, will you remain human? 

M8B: It is certain. 
 

And, no, I won't remain human. I plan on turning into a zombie fairy!!!!

Thank you so much Danyelle for kicking off my new series! Get in touch with Danyelle on the web, you won't regret it.

Danyelle Leafty
~Collector of dragons, talking frogs, and fairy godmothers~


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview, Megg! It was a blast. :) (Zombie fairies rock!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Love you, Danyelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danyelle, you rock!!!!!!!

    Angie - thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this interview! So fun! And yay for Danyelle! :)

    ReplyDelete